Popcorn is the go-to movie food, but pretzel bites are a close second! Plus, today is National Pretzel Day! We wanted to celebrate (because we’ll never miss a chance to party) with homemade pretzels.
This easy-peasy pretzel bites recipe uses premade pizza dough and the convection oven setting on the Retro Toaster Oven. You’ll be snacking on soft, fresh pretzels in no time!
Serve these pretzel bites with cheese sauce, honey mustard or pizza sauce for a salty treat. Or, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar for something sweet.
What You’ll Need:
- Pizza dough (store bought or homemade)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 2 quarts water
- Course salt
- Retro Toaster Oven
1. Roll pizza dough into 1/2 inch to 1 inch balls (or cube slightly as seen in the picture below)
2. Bring water to a boil and add baking soda. Water will bubble.
3. Place pizza dough cubes into boiling water and stir occasionally to keep from sticking together. Remove with a slotted spoon after 1 minute. (May need to do this step in multiple batches.)
4. Place dough cubes on greased toaster oven tray, brush with egg and sprinkle with course salt.
5. Cook pretzel bites at 450 degrees on the Convection Oven setting on the Toaster Oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until pretzels are golden brown.
6. Serve pretzels warm.
Craving a big slice of chocolate cake and a giant scoop of ice cream? These two desserts go together hand-in-hand like a couple of love birds. Now, we’ve married cake & ice cream into one sweet, creamy indulgence. They’re soul mates!
What You’ll Need:
- Chocolate Ice Cream Mix from the Nostalgia Ice Cream Kit
- 2 c. milk (we used Original Almond Milk)
- 1 12 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 c. chocolate cake mix
- Canned frosting
- Sprinkles (optional…if you can ever call sprinkles optional)
- Ice Cream Maker (we used the ICMP400WD)
- Combine chocolate ice cream mix, milk, sweetened condensed milk & chocolate cake mix.
- Pour ice cream mixture into chilled ice cream canister and follow directions on the ice cream maker.
- Once ice cream is done churning, melt 4-5 tablespoons of canned frosting in the microwave.
- In freezer safe container, scoop a layer of chocolate cake ice cream and drizzle with melted frosting. Continue layering and drizzling until container is full.
- Place ice cream in freezer for at least 2 hours before serving (overnight for best results)
- To serve, scoop ice cream in dish and top with sprinkles.