It’s National Wine Day and we’ve put together some of our favorite wine quotes and memes.
Sit back, enjoy a glass of Pinot and have a laugh!
Have a favorite funny wine quote or saying? Share it with us in the comments section below.
Want to make sure you get your hands on a popcorn cart instead of leaving it to chance?
LIKE OUR PAGE @NOSTALGIAELECTRICS
LIKE/REACT TO THE GIVEAWAY POST.
SHARE YOUR MEMORIAL DAY PLANS IN THE COMMENTS SECTION.
Follow @NostalgiaElctrx on Twitter.
RT the original tweet and tell us what you’re doing for Memorial Day.
Follow @NostalgiaElectrics on Instagram.
Like the giveaway photo.
Share what you’re doing for Memorial Day in the comments.
ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO BECOME A NOSTALGIA SUBSCRIBER. YOU’LL RECEIVE THE LATEST UPDATES ON NEW PRODUCTS, SALES AND RUNNING GIVEAWAYS!
ELIGIBILITY RULES & REGULATIONS:
Try this quick and easy berry crisp for your upcoming Memorial Day party or simple enjoy it on a warm spring day. Tart fruit and sweet oats are a delectable combination. Top with fresh whipped cream or ice cream for an extra sweet treat. The best part is you don’t even have to turn on your oven! This recipe is made in the Retro Toaster Oven. (Buy here)
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour (Use whole wheat OR gluten free flour. We used 1/2 c. almond flour and 1/2 c. coconut flour)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup jam or preserves (we used strawberry rhubarb jam)
- 1 /2 cup diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries (fresh OR frozen rolled in a mixture of cornstarch and flour to prevent bleeding)
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream *optional
- Retro Toaster Oven (Buy here)
1. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, ginger, nutmeg, salt & melted butter. Set aside 1/2 cup of the oat mixture.
2. Press the remaining oat mixture into the bottom of a greased baking pan to make a crust (8″ by 8″ or round pie pan).
3. Spread jam on crust. Then top with strawberries and blueberries.
4. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon lemon juice evenly on top.
5. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture on top (fruit will show through).
6. Bake in Retro Toaster Oven at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Oats should be golden brown on top.
7. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream. *optional
Nostalgia doubles the possibilities with unique double flavor ice cream maker.
With summer heating up and temperatures on the rise, it’s time to find a way to beat the mounting heat. Icy drinks of water and air conditioning might do the trick, but downing a double dose of cold and creamy homemade ice cream is decidedly more satisfying. For a refreshing cool down, Sam’s Club will be including the Nostalgia™ 4-Quart Double Flavor Ice Cream Maker in its summer lineup.
No need to deal with the hassle of a deep fryer to get the satisfyingly sweet flavors of a churro. Cinnamon & sugar coated popcorn will do the trick. It’s Cinco de Mayo, so get out the popcorn maker and give this recipe a try. Churro Popcorn will be a hit at any fiesta!
What You’ll Need:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. lite corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2-3 oz. chocolate
- Mix together 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup powdered sugar & 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon and set aside.
- Pop popcorn (We used the Retro Stirring Popcorn Maker with coconut oil)
- In small saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Stir in sugar, cinnamon, corn syrup & vanilla.
- Simmer over low to medium heat for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour butter/sugar mixture over popcorn and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar powder and stir to thoroughly coat popcorn.
- Melt 2-3 oz. chocolate.
- Drizzle chocolate over popcorn.
- Serve immediately (Popcorn is best when eaten the day of making it. May keep in air tight container overnight but texture will change.)