Craving a big slice of chocolate cake and a giant scoop of ice cream? These two desserts go together hand-in-hand like a couple of love birds. Now, we’ve married cake & ice cream into one sweet, creamy indulgence. They’re soul mates!
What You’ll Need:
- Chocolate Ice Cream Mix from the Nostalgia Ice Cream Kit
- 2 c. milk (we used Original Almond Milk)
- 1 12 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 c. chocolate cake mix
- Canned frosting
- Sprinkles (optional…if you can ever call sprinkles optional)
- Ice Cream Maker (we used the ICMP400WD)
- Combine chocolate ice cream mix, milk, sweetened condensed milk & chocolate cake mix.
- Pour ice cream mixture into chilled ice cream canister and follow directions on the ice cream maker.
- Once ice cream is done churning, melt 4-5 tablespoons of canned frosting in the microwave.
- In freezer safe container, scoop a layer of chocolate cake ice cream and drizzle with melted frosting. Continue layering and drizzling until container is full.
- Place ice cream in freezer for at least 2 hours before serving (overnight for best results)
- To serve, scoop ice cream in dish and top with sprinkles.
With Nostalgia’s Ice Cream Makers & Ice Cream Mixes, it’s easier than ever to make homemade ice cream. Plus, you’re not limited to strawberry, chocolate & vanilla. You can add flavors to these bases for creative, unique and tasty flavors.
For St. Patrick’s Day, we decided to dress up the vanilla ice cream base by adding mint extract & some green food coloring. For this ice cream recipe, you don’t need to have a lot of ingredients on hand. Plus, you can use your choice of milk, heavy cream, almond or soy milk. This mint chocolate swirl homemade ice cream is easy, festive and refreshing.
What You’ll Need:
- Vanilla Ice Cream Base
- 4 c. milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract (divided)
- Green food coloring
- Rock salt
- 4 oz. chocolate
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Chill ice cream canister.
- Combine milk, ice cream base, a few drops of green food coloring & 1 tsp. peppermint extract. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Make ice cream according to directions included with the Ice Cream Maker.
- When ice cream is done, melt 4 oz. of chocolate and add in 1 tsp. coconut oil. This will be drizzled throughout the ice cream for a chocolate swirl.
- In a freezer safe container, layer ice cream, drizzle with chocolate, add another layer of ice cream, drizzle with chocolate, etc. until container is full.
- Serve or freeze.
Whether you’re gluten intolerant, or your summertime craving for ice cream has reached its breaking point, you’ll definitely want to try out these delicious homemade ice cream recipes of Strawberry & Creme, and Mint Chocolate Chip!